Thursday, December 08, 2016


During a sickness, Arthur Benson was visited by a man he admired and respected. Here is what took place ---

"I said something to him about being ready to depart -- and then added that I was waiting hopefully to see the joys of Paradise, the glory of the saints in light. He looked at me rather fixedly, and said, "I don't know why you should say that, and why you should expect to take so much pleasure in the beauty of heaven, when you have taken so little trouble to see anything of the beauty of earth;" and then he left: and I reflected that I had always been doing my work in a dull humdrum way, in the same place all my life; and I determined that if I got well, I would go about and see something of the glory that is revealed to us, and not expect only the glory that shall be revealed to us." 

No comments: