Friday, September 16, 2016


  "High as heaven, that is the calling wherewith we are called. But this very height makes it seem impractical or impossible. It is natural to say - That was well enough for one so transcendently gifted as Paul to hope for: but I am no gifted person -- I have no iron strength of mind -- I have no optimistic or positive hopefulness of character --

I am disposed to look on the dark side of things -- I am undetermined, weak, vacillating; and beside that, I have a whole army of passions and follies to contend with. We have to remind ourselves of one thing we have forgotten: It is the high calling of God if you will; but it is the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. What the world calls virtue is a name and a dream without Christ. The foundation of all human excellence must be laid deep in the blood of the Redeemer's cross, and in the power of His resurrection." F. W. Robertson.

No comments: