Monday, May 09, 2016

  
"A very little girl undertook to carry a ton of coal, a shovelful at a time, from the sidewalk to a bin in the cellar. An observer asked her, "Do you expect to get all that coal in with that little shovel?" She paused for a moment as she looked at her little arms, and considered her young age, and the enormity of the task and said, "Yes sir, if I work long enough."
Trifling efforts persisted in will accomplish more than spasmodic endeavors of greater pretensions."  


  This little story touched me; whenever I see or hear of the faith of children it moves me and arrests my attention. One has said that little children are God's Messiah's. I think there is a lot of truth to that; they remind us of God's greatest gift, that of innocence and purity, which reminds me of the song Peace in the Valley where it says, "The beasts of the wild will be led by a child." 

In this story her determination reminds me that in my life, overcoming temptation would have long been defeated, but for a determined belief that my failures will not and do not turn God's face from mine. 

No comments: