Tuesday, March 11, 2014


Why I’m a Christian -
  
I’ve seen, I’ve watched, I’ve heard and this is my report why I believe and follow Christ.
 In this fraternity of sinners saved by grace I’ve seen the clearest revelation of goodness, love and perseverance in well doing than anywhere else. 
It's been my privilege to work alongside men and women who lay aside their personal desire and selfish ambitions to work for the betterment of others. Accepting the sacrifices as worthy to be born as I see an infectious, Godly-fire burning within, leading them on to care for the downcast and hurting. 

 I’ve seen, over and over, vicious, brute beasts inflamed with self-destructive lusts and addictions, fall down before the feet of Christ and rise up with a new life beating so fervently in their hearts that hell and all of its arts are to no avail. I’ve watch men and women stumble, stagger, pitch and fall in their pursuit of wholeness, when friendless and alone, only to encounter this heavenly force of mercy, and watch them rise and walk on to victory. Too many times, too many miracles to deny! I’ve seen death bed saints with hope in their eyes as they leave this world for the next. Infants protected and advocated for by hearts that beat with love for the unwanted. I’ve seen faces alight with such a heavenly glow and hope that the world and all its punishments could not dampen nor extinguish. 

I’ve witnessed souls abused, neglected and damaged beyond any human repair, crumble under God’s forgiveness and extend that forgiveness to those who least deserve it. I’ve watched as prayer has transformed the most deteriorated, shanty into the Sistine Chapel and felt the Holy Spirit’s electricity arc between brothers.
I’ve watched the downcast lifted up, the refugee cared for, the poor and destitute assisted, the darkest evils resisted, the clasping jaws of addiction crushed, the estranged restored.

 I know not where I can go to watch the lives of the least the last and the lost so cared for, so loved, so invested in; and then to watch that rescued person join the fray and do unto others. I testify not of creeds or party’s, studies or schools, but this raw, life changing power that runs through all of Christianity, reaches down to the least, changes the brute to the gentleness of a child; changes the child to a man with noble vision, holy purposes and care for all, and gratitude to God.
 I care not to wrestle or wrangle about it, but only to live in it.
 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” I have seen and I believe!


No comments: