Thursday, December 19, 2013


Emotionally illiterate 
  
When I heard this term I was taken by its implications. I considered how many men today have motivations, which are reduced to but a few emotions. I’ll list some that come to mind. Sexual lust, blood lust, rebellious posture toward authority, exploitation of or at best neglect of a woman’s deep needs, as well as neglect of children. In addition, many are aggressive, combative and have competitive communication, gluttonous for pleasure and obsessed with childlike interests.

At first glance that may seem overly pessimistic, and I certainly know men who are not dominated by these emotions, but many I see are, and this described me accurately before I knew Christ, but once He had my heart He began to replace it with His, which is antithetical to all I listed.

No comments: