Saturday, January 09, 2010

I ran across the following quote the other day and was tempted to continue past it without a clue of what the author meant. But I decided not to let it get away that easily so I begin to poke and jab at it turning it on its side and rolling it around until I was determined to understand it. I worked on it with the aid of the dictionary for five or ten minutes until I captured his meaning. I enjoyed it so I decided to print out a dozen copies and give it to the guys at the center for something to do with idle time and the next morning we would talk about it. None but one was able to figure it out and I was with him as he read it, considered and then prayed for light. In less than three minutes he captured the meaning, and this man with only a sixth grade education!

“Be thou in the van of circumstances, yea, seize the arrow’s barb before the pent string murmurs.”

I felt that 1st Corinthians 16:13 was a similar meaning.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Here's my go:
When things are complicated, be focused, before the complicated becomes painful.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Fred:)

Greetings and good wishes:)

This quote reminds me of the saying-GRAB THE BULL BY ITS HORNS.

Have a lovely day Fred:)
Joseph

FCB said...

Hi Matt,
I like how you reduced that down and I think that's right on the money.
Love Dad




Hi Joseph,
Yet another good reduction.
God bless,
Fred