Saturday, May 03, 2008



I was reading in Philippians 4;10-20 this morning and touched by Paul's gratitude for the concern and gifts sent to him by the church. I think one of the most enduring deeds we can do is help someone when they are in their true hour of need. I suspect on their death bed they will still recall the acts of kindness they have received. As I was interpreting this passage through the lens of gifts and callings I see through, hopefully without being heretical, this is one application.

The little girl pictured simply says in Paul's words; "I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. It was good of you to share in my troubles; when some have set out to help, not one church shared with them to help me, except you. I am amply supplied now that I have received the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Photo by Kieth Fenstermaker

No comments: