Friday, April 04, 2008

Gold and Goodness


"God sends prosperity to lift character to its highest levels. It is an error to suppose that the higher manhood flourishes in extreme poverty. Watkinson has beautifully said that "humility is never so lovely as when arrayed in scarlet; moderation is never so impressive as when it sits at banquets; simplicity is never so delightful as when it dwells amidst magnificence; purity is never so divine as when its unsullied robes are worn in a king's palace; gentleness is never so touching as when it exists in the powerful. When men combine gold and goodness, greatness and godliness, genius and graces, human nature is at its best."
Newell Dwight hillis - Photo by Giangiorgio Crisponi

2 comments:

Mel said...

Bless you for posting this. Your blog is part of my spiritual diet. :)

FCB said...

Thanks Mel, I try and include spiritual food from as many sources as I have, and many are out of print, which is a pity.
I try and put a broad range of thought on my blog, not all of which I agree with entirely, but hopefully, each one has a nugget in there somewhere.
Fred